There is not one model of youth ministry that is perfect for every parish. Effective parish youth ministry is first responsive to youth. Through a process of listening to the needs of young people and their communities, parishes can creatively develop a youth ministry program that is effective and provides widespread participation and continuity.
Effective Youth ministry:
- is fully supported and sustained by the parish community
- responds to the real lives, needs and interests of youth.
- is marked intentional relationship building
- has a variety of ways for youth and their families to be involved
- serves the community and helps those in need
- leads all people to a personal relationship with Christ
- provides opportunities for youth who want to grow deeper in faith and ways for youth to be involved in ministry, leadership, and service